Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow Day

I had planned on visiting Williamsburg today, but it is snowing. Normally, this would be no impediment to one of my sturdy German stock, but as I have not quite decided how a hipster dresses for cold weather, I thought it best to hold off, rather than freeze to death on Bedford Avenue (although that does sound quite romantic, if perhaps better suited for the Sensible movement than the Hipster!) or, worse, forfeit the approbation of my peers through unmannered dress. I suspect some sort of layering is involved rather than an oversized, down-filled coat, but how to know for sure? I suppose I could go undercover as an average square, take notes, then return home to plan my cold-weather outfit, but oh the humiliation were someone to recognize me later!

I shall simply have to wait for warmer weather, then return to the Salvation Army by Union Square and implore Edward for yet more guidance. In the meantime, the hipster diet is taking something of a toll on me, and I find I have a desperate craving for Ho-Hos and hot cocoa. Instead, I shall whet my appetite with food for the soul: music! Specifically, such music as is prescribed by Pitchfork. What auditory delights await, I wonder?

Special accolades go to reader E.K. Wimmer, for resolving some of my vexing problems. The revised list below:

Unresolved Questions:

1. Tight-fitting pants.
2. The title of my blog.
3. Hipster-approved cold weather wear.
4. John.

Resolved Questions:

1. Blogs. They do blog; they simply do not call themselves hipsters.
2. God. They do believe in God, but do not talk about it.
3. Star Wars. Some are aficionados; some are not. Best not be the first to bring it up.

I am sensing a trend here; perhaps to be a hipster is to partake of everything, yet discuss nothing?

1 comment: