Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Steaming Pile of Victory! (with a side of handlebar mustache)

Thank God for wiki! Hm. God. Do hipsters believe in God(s)? If so, which? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't--their lives seem so magnificent that they wouldn't need to think about Him/Her/It. At least while they're young, but doesn't everyone think about religion when they get old? Perhaps hipsters are immune to aging! Or, like Obi Wan, are able at will to transcend to another, more powerful (aka "cooler") plane. Star Wars! Yet another question about which wikiHow is disturbingly silent.

Well, I rather imagine my best bet is to avoid the subjects of God and Star Wars altogether when speaking with hipsters, and, if wikiHow is to be believed, stick with "independent" music prescribed by "Pitchfork."

But I digress! The purpose of this post was to publicly declare my commitment to developing the one trait that will ensure my entry into hipsterdom: the handlebar mustache! Even the two muses who have so inspired my pursuit were not hip enough to dare a handlebar; with such a bold move, victory is assured!

Unresolved questions

1. Blogs.
2. God.
3. Star Wars.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Yes, but very carefully.
    2. Yes, but avoid talking about it like the plague.
    3. You better believe it, but only a certain click. The same as Bond, so know your Hipster circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E.K., you are a revelation. May I ask, to which Gods do hipsters pray? Obscure ones, like Exu (in the great Brazilian tradition)? Or are they simply Unitarians?

    ReplyDelete